I have an app that works like a clock, It's been around and not majorly
updated in 3+ years

At 2014-11-19, for some reason, the taskqueue clogged, although I've
calibrated to the extreme levels 3-4 months ago, the bucket sizes, rates
etc. are all calibrated

Don't know how the taskqueue became like that, the operations are simple
and timed, however in this aftermath, the taskqueues caused 260 million
datastore write operations in a day

I'm suspecting something triggered an initial replication of the main tasks
that trigger other tasks

The system was built so that issues like this wouldn't affect the users, so
thankfully they only experienced a lack of routine operations, which these
tasks completed

I've noticed the issue today, paused/purged/resumed queues and restored
regular operation

I know 600$'s is not that much, however things are pretty tight lately

I'm suspecting some AppEngine-side operation might have caused the issue,
Is there anything around 2014-11-19 that might have caused this?

(My other thread seems to be related:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine/fvx-zOtJ_3c - just
noticed it now)

I would really like some confirmation from other appengine users before I
pursue this issue further