I was trying to upgrade a site msserfas.appspot.com that I set up in 2013
and last accessed in May 2014.  However, I can't log in to "deploy" using
the current GAE Python application on Windows -- even though I can log in
to Google and view the failed login attempts, database, memcache, etc.
I've tried every form of my email, and a few of my old Google passwords
though I doubt I remember all; the current one certainly doesn't work.
Always the outcome is something like

Password for [whatever]: Invalid username or password.
2015-01-06 11:18:50,740 ERROR appcfg.py:2413 An error occurred processing
file '': HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized. Aborting.

In the process of trying to get help, I found that I don't get a contact
link unless I log into an administrator account that I don't have (that I
know of).  To create it, I went to
https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/standard/setup/msserfas but that gets me a
server error.  In theory this means that the project is deleted or aliased,
but the project is still online at msserfas.appspot.com, and it's the only
project I have as listed under
https://console.developers.google.com/project .

To be sure, this is a free site and I can't expect much, but what is also
confusing is that I read elsewhere Google stopped setting up free app
engine sites in 2012... so I'm not actually even sure this site is allowed
at this point, whether the login failures are a bug or a feature.

Is there a fix for this?