On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:09 AM, <robinphas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on RESTful web services using java. We all love
> REST-full-ness, so I'd like to return more REST-ful status codes from my
> endpoints. (Example: 201 CREATED along with JSON contents in response body.
> But I can't find any way to set the HTTP status code. Can anyone help
> please? I have seen many posts which says that currently custom status
> codes are not supported. Whether its still not supported or is there a way
> to do it rather than writing exception classes. Because if we write
> exception classes then we cant return JSON in response body.

Unfortunately it's currently not supported - the only way to return a
custom status code is to use exception classes (as you remarked on):
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/endpoints/exceptions

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CALSvALAZ20dG0Y30cwdLvy4eaZGVjc0G1iOZfYR40sz4LUCzDg%40mail.gmail.com.