On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Clark Van Oyen <cl...@countable.ca> wrote:

> <https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yxqcg9RRk74/VM_YYN0eeoI/AAAAAAAAAb8/rXQQAZ572hM/s1600/Capture.PNG>
>
> I'm receiving a huge number of requests from IP addresses starting with
> 10. Afaik, this is a local IP. So, my question is why would Google's
> network be swarming my app with requests? It's costing me quite a few bucks
> in extra quota, so is cause for concern. I've attached the log I'm looking
> at. Thanks in advance if anyone has any idea what's going on!

If you could screenshot the entire log message, that would be much more
helpful. But from the limited view available here, it looks like
*htmlcommentbox
(dot) com* is attempting to fetch a page on your website, and since
*htmlcommentbox
(dot) com* is hosted on App Engine as well, the call is going through
Google's internal network (and using internal IPs) instead of through the
general Internet.

Can you print out the value of the following request headers: *User-Agent*
 and *X-Appengine-Inbound-Appid*?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CALSvALADQo854E1-%2B0j_QCD%2B1NBaMCVSYB3w%3DgocpmsuhqQg%2BA%40mail.gmail.com.