On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Steve P <stevenpettin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried to communicate with the deployed Web app from the android app
> running in the emulator and get the below error stream in the log.
>
> It looks to me like the android app tries to connect and the app engine
> refuses the connection.
>
> W/System.err(370): javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection closed by peer
> 01-31 11:07:37.338: W/System.err(370): at
> org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.NativeCrypto.SSL_do_handshake(Native
> Method) 01-31 11:07:37.347: W/System.err(370): at
> org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSSLSocketImpl.startHandshake

Just to be clear, your Endpoints app is deployed to production App Engine
and you're attempting to connect via your emulator, correct?

It looks like your android emulator may have trouble connecting with
SSL-enabled sites. Can you connect to another random site using SSL through
the Android emulator? For instance, try going to
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html - do all the tests pass?

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Steve P <stevenpettin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I realize there's not much concrete stuff to look at here, what should I
> post?

A full stack trace would be nice - I notice your error message seems to be
cut off.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CALSvALCP3CP1ufuMMXp12fWkfrARKX%3DbLhfkBzFj8bSVaJgNPQ%40mail.gmail.com.