On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 11:13:23 PM UTC-8, Marcial Roman wrote:

> As announced before community support is moving to Stack Overflow. [1]

Yes, that was the decision three years ago -- but we're going to do things
slightly differently going forward.

StackOverflow (SO) is about **software development** questions, with some
further constraints -- see http://stackoverflow.com/help/on-topic .  The SO
community understandably does *not* appreciate questions that are not about
SW development -- in particular, questions about system and network
administration have their own site within the same "stackexchange" family
-- ServerFault (SF).

Many technical questions about App Engine are indeed about SW development
and perfectly appropriate for SO -- great!

*But* a few technical questions are instead about system and network
administration -- and, for those, SF is the right place.

And of course some questions are not welcome on either site -- for example,
quoting from the FAQ above, "Questions asking us to *recommend or find a
book, tool, software library, tutorial" *are not welcome there.  For *those*
kind
of questions, this Google Group is therefore the best place to ask!

> I will recommend you to post this specific question on Stack Overflow.
> Simply post your question tagging it with "google-app-engine", and a member
> of our support team or a member of our global developer community will
> respond shortly after.

I would consider this specific question to be most likely a system
administration one -- thus more appropriate for Server Fault (with the same
tag).  We do sponsor and monitor tags "google-app-engine",
"google-compute-engine", and "google-cloud-platform" on both SO and SF.
 Yes, I do need to change https://cloud.google.com/support/ , which does
not mention ServerFault; I'm working on that:-).

To me, it's part of acknowledging that we don't only have a *developer*
community -- there's also a community of *system administrators*, some of
whom may also be developers, but not necessarily all of them -- likely a
smaller community, but highly professional and fully deserving of our
support and recognition.  (The issue looms larger for other Google Cloud
Platform products, like Google Compute Engine, where the ratio of developer
vs sysadm questions is also larger than for App Engine; but it makes sense
for GAE, too!-).

Happy coding!

...*and* happy system-administering, too!-)

Thanks,

Alex

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/f0e9ebcf-75ca-40cb-b2d8-04ecf33ac55f%40googlegroups.com.