On a related note, it would be nice if it were easy to deploy to Google
Apps Marketplace <https://developers.google.com/apps-marketplace/> for
exposure, but they require OAuth2 integration, which doesn't come built in
to GAE. It looks like it requires digging through this
<https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2> and this
<https://code.google.com/p/google-api-java-client/wiki/OAuth2>, and even
then, I don't see any App Engine specific documentation on this. So it
seems right now like deploying and selling a GAE web app is harder than it
needs to be. Marketplace in general seems kind of Chrome Extension focused,
and the documentation and unpolished WebEx video are not very encouraging.

That's why it still seems to me like Option 2 and using AdWords for
marketing, plus tools external to Google for licensing, support and
subscription management seems like the best option at this point. It's too
bad, because it would drive GAE adoption if these tools were provided to
lower the barrier for small ISVs.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8e0765a0-5d53-4d40-adac-352788150161%40googlegroups.com.