The recommendation at
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/appidentity/#Java_Asserting_identity_to_other_App_Engine_apps
for "Asserting identity to other App Engine apps" is to "use the request
header X-Appengine-Inbound-Appid" (requiring only a plain fetch with no
redirects following on one side, an explicit check on the header on the
other).  The app identity service is only recommended for asserting
identity to Google APIs, not to other GAE apps.

Alex

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAE46Be_3TFgMHG4XADf%3D8yjmD8_KLaZWrfpViox2Un58esU-gA%40mail.gmail.com.