Hi,

I have a web app that uses a cron job in the beginning to fetch data from a
URL, works on it and serves to external clients. The project runs perfectly
on the local machine without a single error but as soon as you deploy, the
cron results in the following:
Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not
initialize class org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform

There is only one external jar that I use in my project:
*org.eclipselabs.emfjson_0.4.1.201207260839.jar*. Reason being that it is
no more available on the public Maven repository. My POM looks like:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipselabs</groupId>
<artifactId>emfjson</artifactId>
<version>0.4.1</version>
<scope>system</scope>
<systemPath>
${project.build.directory}/war/WEB-INF/lib/org.eclipselabs.emfjson_0.4.1.201207260839.jar
</systemPath>
</dependency>

All that I can imagine the error is somehow related to the fact that an
external jar is being included in the project and when deployed, the server
cannot find it. What can I do to get rid of this error? I've exhausted my
Google search.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/ebb8ef8c-1ddc-4c17-96c5-c541b00b14ff%40googlegroups.com.