On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Thomas Boyce <thomasboyceproj...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> I am creating a PHP website using Google App Engine. I need a register
> (which I can create fine), so for example a school register. Someone types
> there name and then it gets saved. So, when it is saved it gets saved as
> new entry on a database or something like that. I have experience with
> MySQL and databases connected within a local server. But I am unsure of how
> to do this with Google App Engine. I am ware of the Cloud SQL and Google
> Cloud (GC something I believe) but I am really unsure of how to connect a
> website to a database (and even how to create the database on google app
> engine). I have read many tutorials online but I am still struggling.
>
> Any ideas welcome? (even if it doesn't involve a database, just somewhere
> to save the results)

There's a tutorial with sample code on how to connect to Cloud SQL on
PHP/GAE here: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/php/cloud-sql/

If you've seen this tutorial before, which part of it are you struggling on?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CALSvALCf0r05-uhOs9a83o0nwk%2BRZnunFUZq%3DFWbQzBetLdsvw%40mail.gmail.com.