As I said, I get a HTTP 302 "App Error" (that's what it says in the task
queue console)

Its something to do with not being able to handle CodeIgniter style URIs,
but I don't know how to make it understand them, as the task queue uses
"include" to use the task worker script, something you cannot do with an
MVC style controller.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAH%2B40aPxJ7WYh4L2E1rMf1M8b1Hs1GEn9CrXA24kf7Tp4hZTvg%40mail.gmail.com.