Some new information under the section Using pip Requirements Files
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/libraries27> suggests
that it might now be possible to run the latest version without a special
bundle needed. I will try it out….

By the way, has this new functionality been announced when it was released?
Isn’t this stuff that should be in some sort of release notes? If it is and I
have just missed it, please do point it out to me, maybe I am not checking all
the right places.

> On May 6, 2015, at 1:03 AM, troberti <tij...@firigames.com> wrote:
>
> We had a similar issue with this error in our tests. We have our own (old,
> 1.2) versions of these libraries in our app. The new SDK seems to include its
> own (newer) version of libraries. This seems to cause an import conflict. We
> solved it for our tests by making sure our app's path is used before those of
> the SDK.
>
> Also, those newer versions don't run directly on App Engine, as they try to
> import the 'six' module.
>
> On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 10:06:39 PM UTC+2, PK wrote:
> The GAE documentation states here
> <https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/python/start/installation>
> that for GAE a special version of the library is needed and points to a
> Google Code location where the most recent version of the library is 1.2
> Since then the library has migrated to github
> <https://github.com/google/google-api-python-client> and the most recent
> general version is 1.4 No mention for a GAE version in github.
>
> As I moved to the latest google appengine version SDK (1.9.19) I now see the
> following error in my dev server logs:
>
> File “…..", line 8, in <module>
>     from apiclient.errors import HttpError
>  File "apiclient/errors.py", line 27, in <module>
>     from oauth2client.anyjson import simplejson
> ImportError: No module named anyjson
>
> A quick look at the latest google-api-python-client shows that this code is
> rewritten. I assume that the error is due to GAE moving to a new version of
> oauthclient2
>
> Has anybody else faced this issue? Any workarounds? Is
> google-api-python-client-1.4 compatible with GAE?
>
> Thanks,
> PK
> p...@ <>gae123.com <http://gae123.com/>

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/9fd9e2c3-1f8a-4b3b-b9e0-a734cf30d5df%40googlegroups.com