Hi,
there is a great not well known feature offered by GCS, which allows to
host static websites off a GCS bucket.

https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/website-configuration

It's very simple and has not got to many features, but allows to build full
website solutions, like these:
http://demo1.lmx.pm/
http://demo3.lmx.pm/
http://demo6.lmx.pm/

We can set CNAME mapping to our domains and it works perfectly like a
website.

There is one major limitation and that is:

SSL is not currently supported. You can only use a CNAME redirect with
> HTTP, not with HTTPS. Therefore, you should serve content from your bucket
> that does not contain sensitive or private data.

Nowadays, SSL is must even for static content, so we would really
appreciate if this could be looked into.

Thanks
HG

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/b87b1e64-748a-4d60-ae37-cbcaf53a165c%40googlegroups.com.