Hi Navneet,

I'll try to answer your questions simply:

can we have multiple application on a single subdomain ?

It depends what you mean. A single fully-qualified domain name (like
www.google.com) maps to a single IP address in the DNS system. Ultimately,
the unique computer identified by that IP address will receive a TCP
connection on port 80 from your user's computer. What gets sent in the
response to GET / HTTP/1.1 will be *one *html document, representing the
*single
*website that they see.

You can, however, as an example, use headers to dispatch requests to
different web-apps hosted on the same server (I'm not speaking of App
Engine here, but in general how webservers can be programmed).

However, browsers generally don't allow users to customize headers when
going to your site, so this is not a solution most developers will use (
appspot.com works this way - the Host header is used to determine which app
the request should go to (that is, which subdomain of appspot.com), since
the same front-end servers handle all appspot.com requests). In this way,
you can have multiple web apps  on a single domain.

*On App Engine, however, you can only have one App Engine app served from
your custom domain. *When you set up your custom domain mapping, you do
this for one project/app, and it can't be done with the same domain on
multiple apps.

If you'd like to use subdomains of the domain you register serve different
versions and modules of your App Engine app, you should look into the custom
domains documentation
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/domain#subdomains>.

because i have ssl certificate for only 1 sub domain ,
> and  don't want to buy other one ,

This means that you can only serve https connections on exactly that
subdomain. Therefore, you won't be able to serve version and module
subdomains as described in the doc above. You'll need to:

* buy a wildcard certificate for the subdomains that will handle versions
and modules (imagine you deployed module api version v1 - you'd access it
at v1-dot-api.example.appspot.com)

or

* buy a certificate with subject alternative name
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubjectAltName> entries that match the
specific subdomains (such as v1-dot-api) that you'll want to use.

Finally, you can use dispatch files
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/modules/routing>on App
Engine to capture certain routes and send them to specific modules. So, you
could deploy completely different apps to different modules, and have users
access sub.hellow.com/app1 to reach app1, and sub.hellow.com/app2 to reach
app2.

can we deploy both project separately then assign then same subdomain name.?

This doesn't make sense, since a custom domain mapping will be associated
with a single app.

So, the two options are:

* use custom domains version/module subdomain routing with a wildcard
certificate (or subject alt name extension to your certificate)

or

* use the dispatch file to route requests on different routes (like /app1
and /app2) to your different modules.

I hope this was helpful to you, and have a great day!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/f944d95d-772d-43de-91b5-9f872ca592b5%40googlegroups.com.