Salutations Jason,

You cannot currently access your data through the console. You can file a
Feature
Request
<https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/entry?template=Feature%20request>

to get that functionality added.

There might be some confusion with how to connect. You can use what ever
client <https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/external> you want. If you
already have an IP address for the instance you don't need a new one. You
need to add the IP address of the computer you are connecting from to the
whitelist.

You can access the interface to look up the IP and whitelist by going here
<https://console.developers.google.com/project/_/sql/instances>, selecting
your instance -> Access Control

-> Authorization -> Allowed Networks: to add your computers IP
-> IP address: to get the IP of your CloudSQL.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/996d77cc-19ad-4801-81a2-222a965075c6%40googlegroups.com.