Hey Karl,

1. The ambition is that we will eventually make gcloud app run/deploy the
preferred way to access App Engine for all customers (Managed VM and
regular instances), though as has been pointed out here and elsewhere we
have some work to do before we get to that point. When we do get to that
point, we'll definitely make sure we're giving folks enough time to move
over by supporting both SDKs in parallel for a decent period of time.

In the meantime, I would continue to keep using the stand alone SDKs for
the moment when working with non-managed VMs if you want the most stable
surface area (for use in integration scripts, etc.). Expect the Cloud SDK
equivalents to quickly get better.

2. Yes, it should (and in fact this recent change should make it easier).
If you run into problems let us know.

Andrew Jessup | Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform | jes...@google.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAEF6f2sPjBP7kRe2XOhyDOsVsnzjgsM66A7DdDvdjdB3fHaqCQ%40mail.gmail.com.