Firebase Auth is easy to get started with and use.  Your connecting 3rd
party auth to it.  (The folks from Firebase might describe this differently)
Identity Toolkit is fairly robust and will scale to millions of users.

If you expect a small number of users, at least to start with - use
Firebase.
If you already have a lot of users or expect lots of users -- use Identity
Toolkit.

The sample I mentioned should be published tomorrow afternoon.
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/Abelana

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAGB1p5gUxW0aL8MEMe1qLQwLrQnD6tVcsT7seH%2B7FVdu%2BPEq%3DA%40mail.gmail.com.