We have an API with Googe App Engine. This is the current configuration:

<version>1</version>
<threadsafe>true</threadsafe>
<module>default</module>
<instance-class>F2</instance-class>
<automatic-scaling>
<min-idle-instances>7</min-idle-instances>
<max-idle-instances>automatic</max-idle-instances>
<min-pending-latency>automatic</min-pending-latency>
<max-pending-latency>automatic</max-pending-latency>

The process does as follows. We have two calls to datastore and a call with
urlfetch (to an external API). The problem consist on that from time to
time we recieved en error 204 with this trace:
E 2015-07-10 10:10:40.875 500 0 B 52ms E 10:10:40.875 XXXXX ms=52 cpu_ms=0
exit_code=204 instance=00c61b117cba17c9f7609d74f3d0311e2c21d8
app_engine_release=1.9.23
E 10:10:40.875 A problem was encountered with the process that handled this
request, causing it to exit. This is likely to cause a new process to be
used for the next request to your application. (Error code 204)

This error does not stop to appear. It appears in a small percentage of
requests. Last time we saw it there was 4 errors that were located in the
same instance.

We tried to change the number of resident instance, we changed it from 3 to
7 and it wasn't solved. We changed the machine type from F2 to F4_1G, but
the problem is still there. I saw old post that had this problem and said
that it was a bug with the previous gae version, but it still appears in
the new version 1.9.23

do you have any idea why this is happening???

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/3afade82-4d2c-48ef-aa50-928c84b20687%40googlegroups.com.