Hi,

As far as I know, datastore can take AND queries with no trouble. I'm
thinking this might be the library you're using to interact with the
datastore that might do this.

I assume if you try a simple "where" clause just checking for your date
component, it works?

Cheers

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/1eff355c-c92d-4343-9d92-5b4442d4d8ef%40googlegroups.com.