Hi Tasos,

I think there may be some issue in language between us, and my apologies in
advance if I've misunderstood you, since it seems some negations were added
/ omitted which would help me to make sense of your reply.

>From what I understand about Apache, and remember this isn't an Apache
forum, 127.0.0.1 is going to mean that the server will only be accessible
from that address, that is from the same server only (127.0.0.1 is the
local loopback address).

If you used an internal IP such as 192.168.1.4 to access the server, this
means that the client was also within the same network, and you may want to
test from a completely external computer. As I said, testing various
configurations is the best way to determine the server behaviour.

It may be possible that Apache reads httpd.conf and uses 127.0.0.1 to
listen to any connections, whether machine-local, network-local, or from
the wider internet. Either way you'll need to check, and this isn't the
right place to ask about Apache server configuration.

As far as the App Engine launcher, have you managed to test the behaviour
of the --host flag, and gotten it to work as you desire?

Best wishes,

Nick

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/d4a72776-4d8b-4dc3-9375-af296a32bb42%40googlegroups.com.