On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Ryan (Cloud Platform Support) <
rbruy...@google.com> wrote:

> Salutations Devraj,
>
> There is no official solution. webapp2
> <https://webapp-improved.appspot.com/api/webapp2_extras/sessions.html> is
> extremely popular and would be a good starting point for you. It boils down
> more to what you want from it and the tool that best meets your needs.

Thanks for writing back Ryan.

We use a couple of other frameworks to handle REST requests etc. which need
to share the session. I so wish that webapp2's session was a middleware and
we could wrap the other frameworks with it.

At present we use gae-sessions which works well, other's have suggested
beaker (which we have used in the past).

Will keep checking in; incase an official solution for application local
authentication becomes available.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CANgV5UygPJGjVAWmTxPckJBZs%3D%3D3Q2CqnnmSHSV40jDxnhtDAQ%40mail.gmail.com.