Hi Julian,

So, after some extensive testing and reading around online, it appears that
this is no longer possible, and I encourage you to make a public issue
tracker feature request
<http://code.google.com/p/google-appengine/issues/list> explaining in
simple terms, minus the code, your desired use-case, of making HTTP calls
to your app on routes protected by login: admin.

>From what I can see from looking around online, the old method which used a
certain ClientLogin endpoint to get the token passed to the server as the
ACSID cookie is no longer active. The closest thing to signing-in with a
service account that I could find was service account Apps domain user
impersonation in the Server to Server OAuth2
<https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2ServiceAccount>
docs. After extensive testing, implementing code which built the
credential, built an HttpTransport for it, it was not possible to get the
app to recognize the calling java code as a "login: admin" user, even when
impersonating a user which has admin status (standalone java code compiled
with classpath by hand).

So, feel free to post the public issue tracker feature request link in this
thread once you've made it, and I'll be following it and helping to get it
processed.

Best wishes,

Nick

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/bb96ccff-5870-45ea-a4ac-9405bc16f738%40googlegroups.com.