It sounds like the root problem is "OOM errors fail to produce good log
messages".

What CSV parser are you using? If you're on Java, most of them are crap.
Jackson has a pretty good CSV plugin, but you probably still need to be
very careful about streaming - it's really easy to blow up the heap with
large CSV imports. I've had this problem before.

Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CADK-0uj_%2B0qyBQ3OE9PtfSkxd%2B8HjrBo%2Be-k-dRkk6WwCWJyQg%40mail.gmail.com.