Nick - Followup:  Based on advice from the DWR community, I solved the
problem this way:
Opened the dwr.2.0.10.jar, and performed:
a) Opened org/directwebremoting/dwr.xml and removed
   <creator id="pageflow"
class="org.directwebremoting.beehive.PageFlowCreator”/>
b) Removed org/directwebremoting/beehive/PageFlowCreator.class
Closed the jar.  Everything works as it should after re-deployment.
It remains a mystery as to why this error didn't appear prior to July.
Thanks,
Ken

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/31d4fe1e-2e8f-4b16-9690-32b3a6c44942%40googlegroups.com.