Thanks, PK - I will take a look at the issue you filed and comment
accordingly.

We suffered pretty major disruption to our application, and lost many hours
of data, unfortunately. The symptoms were extra null fields in some
Datastore objects, which caused storage of new uploaded data from clients
to fail, and a greatly increased Error rate from our app.

Julian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/47f9d861-41de-487d-bc29-355dfd70c253%40googlegroups.com.