I don't have any special information but I've noticed the Users API has
remained pretty much as-is since I arrived. I also don't think it's
particularly clever. Other than for prototyping in the early days, I have
avoided it.

Google Identity Toolkit is nice. Or, if you want simple and google-only,
just use the auth2 javascript (this is what I do now).

There's surprisingly little advantage to having an auth framework built
into GAE. All you need is one CDN-hosted javascript for the client and a
small token validation library for the server.

Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CADK-0uhxx5QKcn%2BNtzTRC%3DJEV0GF4P0%3DVHnH%3DVO0d7f74wUHeg%40mail.gmail.com.