We have a link to an external application, and just put the credentials (In
this case, an API key with a matching username) in our User objects, and if
it's a system-level event, it uses the key from the Administrator user.

For anything that is global, we were just going to build an object in the
Datastore that will be editable via our own Admin console.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/b64e41da-8395-4b46-ae7b-e0e054c13d08%40googlegroups.com.