Hi,

It seems like there is no good solution for setting up 301 redirects at a
domain level which is a common requirement of websites and should not need
to be handled by an instance. Existing options seem to be:

   - Use modules and route via dispatch non-canonical domains. This doesn't
   appear to handle the case where you want to redirect http to https for the
   canonical domain as I don't think you can use http vs https for module
   routing. The solution in general also kind of sucks because you rack up
   instance hours for a pretty trivial requirement.
   - Pass all requests through some handler and check the domain etc. Not
   bad for dynamic content, but static requests don't hit your app engine
   instance and you would need to force them to do so (avoiding the static
   content cdn) and have some ugly code that manually returns the static
   resource if the domain/scheme is all good.
   - Have a separate cloud project that non-canonical domains are pointed
   to that just redirects requests. This is fine, however doesn't work in the
   case that you want to redirect http to https since both must point to the
   same cloud project.

I would like a more PaaS option such as:

   - Simple 301 redirects possible via a configuration file
   - Simple 301 redirects possible via the cloud console

Am I missing something? If not can a more PaaS option be provided?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/833c4de0-9406-432d-8e67-d2e7a4b0715c%40googlegroups.com.