Hi Phillip,

That cost is simply the cost for extracting ANYTHING from Google Cloud
Storage. There's not much more to do here if you want to minimize the cost.
You'll need to minimize what you put in your bucket if you want to pay
less, but you will always pay the same rate by GB.

Cheers

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/d7ffbd1f-bdf4-4883-be8a-b3378138c1ce%40googlegroups.com.