Hello fellow GAE users,

We have a set of GAE ProtoRPC endpoints, and a client that calls them,
using protobuf messages for communication. Under certain circumstances, the
endpoints might raise errors, that are returned to the client by GAE as
protobuf messages. The errors inherit from protorpc.messages.Error;
examples raised include e.g. protorpc.remote.ApplicationError.

When calling these endpoints and triggering the errors using e.g. curl, we
can see that GAE returns these errors as protobuf messages, but we haven't
been able to find the actual specifications for these messages (a .proto
file or similar), so we can't generate client libraries for our mobile
clients, which in turn means that we cannot parse the errors and act on
them.

Their format is very similar to the remote.RpcStatus protobuf message (but
not identical, as the RpcStatus definition cannot be used to parse them).

Does anybody know how these error protobuf messages can be parsed? The only
alternative we can see at the moment is to ditch protobuf and just use json
instead, but we'd prefer to use protobuf if possible.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/04356234-32cd-49b3-a958-07fc50d4a6d9%40googlegroups.com.