Hi,

Our application uses the Document Search API, we index a number of Products
(used in a shopping cart catalogue). Users are allowed to search the
Products using various attributes and document search API works a treat.

We want users to be able to save their search results as a list; again not
an issue, we can simply save the search conditions and rerun the Document
Search and return the results.

What we'd like to add is the ability to manually sort the search results
(and add any new results down the bottom of the list). This is proving to
be quite difficult (or at least we're hitting too many road blocks in our
thinking).

Our initial thoughts have been storing the order of the list in NDB and
then be able to pass a list of doc_ids to fetch from the document store or
storing a combination of the search list id and the order in the document
(at the risk of hitting the max document size).

We try not to hit the NDB until the use requires full details of the
Products, and satisfy all search queries via the document search api.

Has anyone attempted anything similar; maintaining manually sortable lists
of results from the document search api?

Is this possible when the document search api is being used? Would
appreciate any thinking / pointers anyone out there can share.

Thanks for your time.
Devraj

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CANgV5UzAg8TQB49RYu9Ba1ebpzUr--BGBBR9%2B42cco4sTsoSDA%40mail.gmail.com.