mark,

since the move to console.developers.google.com i have not deleted an app
engine module fully.  but at appengine.google.com you can delete versions
of a an app engine module.  once all non-default versions are deleted it
should let you delete the default version (at least it did the last time i
did it).  i haven't tried to delete a module from appcfg.py

cloud projects as i understand them...  each GAE application ID is
associated with a cloud project.  so i think that the app ID that appcfg.py
uses is a one to one mapping to cloud project ID.  hopefully someone will
correct me if i'm wrong.

cfh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/e7d84243-d9bb-421e-8798-58015d105483%40googlegroups.com.