The HTTP Load Balancer routes your requests within our infrastructure, and
the same is true of TCP traffic from one instance IP to another, even if
targeting the public IP. So regardless of the method chosen, your requests
will be secure and won't reach the internet.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/b31949d0-4066-40a2-93c5-cd75fad506fc%40googlegroups.com.