Scenario A
1) Fetch 40 entities
2) Fetch an external url, takes 1-15 seconds
3) Put 40 entities async

Scenario B
1) Fetch 40 entities
2) Internal computation, no delay
3) Put 40 entities async

So the issue is seldom at A, yet it floods the logs at B
At both scenarios, multitude of these operations are ran, 40M entities for
B, <<1M for A
(A is an hourly operation, while B is more of a one-time thing)

Since there is no observable data/operation loss, I didn't debug the issue

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/2f7c95d6-3066-4c65-8ae4-5ef193d45d45%40googlegroups.com.