There's no custom code written to upload the image data into the blobstore
by my team.  It's just an observation of how GAE SDK / wordpress starter
project is configured.  We are working with the local dev environment which
doesn't leverage GCS directly (perhaps the sdk is simulating the GCS via
the blobstore, I haven't confirmed that).

At this point in our project, testing on actual google clould platform
isn't an option.  I was hoping the SDK is just misconfigured somehow and
just needed minor adjustment to get images urls to render as expected.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/1651f598-7b01-48b7-ad4d-53669c0bae72%40googlegroups.com.