Yes you can develop off line.

I suggest you start by reading the docs, and the getting started section.

However if you really mean off line, then many of the libraries and tools
you will probably need will need to be downloaded before you go off line.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/9859f4cf-0138-4500-9605-51eaf0398caa%40googlegroups.com.