> On Jan 28, 2016, at 7:22 AM, Louise Elmose Hedegaard <louiseelm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Thank you for your answers.
> I do not think I have explained my problem properly though when I read your
> answers.
>
> I have a table "order" where I save different information about an order. The
> unique id of the order comes from an external system, and I want to save this
> unique id for the order.
> When an order is updated in the external system, I want to update the GAE
> datastore accordingly.
> For this reason I first check whether the order that was updated in the
> external system already exists in my datastore. If it already exists I update
> it, if it does not already exist, I create the order in the datastore.
> My problem is that I use this:
>
> datastore.prepare(query).asSingleEntity();
>
> which fails, as there are more than one entity with the unique id.
> I do not understand how several entities can be created with the same unique
> id, when my logic says:

In order for this to work as you expect you need strong consistency, which
typically means a) have your entities be a part of the same entity group and b)
do the query inside of a transaction.

As others have pointed out it’s much, much easier to simply use the id as they
key and fetch by key. Though you still need to do the logic below inside of a
transaction.

Karl

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/6A8BFEE6-6EF2-4177-862E-29AA87100751%40strajillion.com.