Support for any Django version (or any version of any other WSGI web
framework, actually) can best be provided by simple third-party open source
adapters, rather than waiting for any given version of any given WSGI web
framework to be included in the App Engine SDK and servers. For example,
https://potatolondon.github.io/djangae/ says:

The intention is always to support the last two versions of Django,
although older versions may work. Currently Django 1.7 and 1.8 are
supported. Django 1.9 support (master) isn't too far away!

I don't know what they mean by "not too far away", info probably best
obtained on Djangae's own google group,
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/djangae-users .

Alex

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAE46Be8NDwHPEStaGy1FF%3DQHYKiYVLUWOt28P_my_MJ%3DthXYFw%40mail.gmail.com.