As can be read in other threads for other topics, our deprecation timeline
will leave a healthy margin if such a deprecation were to occur. You can
read about this in the Terms of Service <https://cloud.google.com/terms/>.
Searchable Document Indexes are quite popular and it's very unlikely that
the service would change or go away without an equivalent solution.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/17aa3732-66e0-41e1-869f-325dad54154c%40googlegroups.com.