I am creating an app involving urlfetch with China servers, and I am aware
that google IPs are generally blocked in China.

Now based on my test results, urlfetch to China websites works without
errors.

My question is, does that happen most of the time? And, if one day, China
blocks urlfetch's source IPs (since it comes from a small range and
probably don't change so often), will Google be responsible to change the
IPs so that urlfetch can work normally?

In theory Google can choose from a very large pool randomly for urlfetch or
just do urlfetch from the crawlers' IP. China won't block them.

Cheers,
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/ed15c30b-a889-42e6-a92a-6efca97f7511%40googlegroups.com.