Hey TH,

The Datastore does have restrictions on concurrent modifications
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/articles/scaling/contention>, but as
far as read operations, there is an unlimited quota
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas#Datastore> when billing is
enabled. As long as you can provision enough reading apps, you should be
able to successfully run the script without hitches, although you'll want
to experiment and profile with the system to determine what bottlenecks
might exist in your script's logic. You could look into Memcache as well,
as a potential middle layer to speed up the reads.

Let me know if you still have questions and I'll be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/52eed60f-a8ce-4a9a-bb11-792abbf72187%40googlegroups.com.