Thanks for posting your questions here! You mentioned that this is
something you are trying to accomplish in Javascript. If I understand your
task correctly, you would like to perform the following:

   - Call gAPI function to send image to server
   - When gAPI call returns a URL (likely where the image can be found),
   provide URL to the user
   - Save the complete data to the user

To help with this, it would be helpful if you could clarify a few things:

   - Where is the Javascript executing? (in browser using XMLHttpRequest or
   Nodejs using the http package)
   - Is the provided URL required for the complete save?
   - Where is each part of this code executing (client device / App Engine
   servers)?

Knowing the above should help us get more specific information to determine
the best course of action for you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/58f0791f-c201-44db-b448-fc7b5892eaa7%40googlegroups.com.