I'm using Google App Engine + Google Cloud SQL + Spring Data JPA in my
application.

The following error message often appears.

*com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications
link failure*
*The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago.
The driver has not received any packets from the server.*

I know that because of DB connection pool.
However, it is difficult to solve because of GAE restrictions.

I'm using Common DBCP 1.4
I would like to use Evictor Option. but, thread creation behavior is
restricted from GAE.

Reluctantly it was forced to use the testOnBorrow + validationQuery options.

testOnBorrow : true (default value is false)
validationQuery : SELECT 1

I thought I had solved this problem.
But it still happens.

Please somebody tell me that how to avoid above error message and
testOnBorrow option how much reduction in performance.

Help me.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/fb3197ae-d01d-4800-b2d7-bcc1890ade96%40googlegroups.com.