I need a worker node that is always on. From my understanding Google
managed is the only option on Google Cloud as the servers are always on.

In the beginning I ran google preview app deploy, and 20 or so instances
pop up. I then have this with the node on docker image:

runtime: custom
vm: true
api_version: 2
env_variables:
  runLocal: false
manual_scaling:
  instances: 1

Now only one instance shows up after deploy, but as soon as the server gets
the first web request all 20 starts spawning again. This is not what I
expected of the manual_scaling config. What am I missing?
Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/6a1bc2b3-7a36-4c21-a7f9-776154105894%40googlegroups.com.