I have a Google Cloud Platform project with several GCE instances that I
use daily. I decided I wanted to mess around with app engine and deployed a
sample version of an application that I would now like to get rid of. While
I've disabled the app is there any way to delete it without deleting the
entire project? I've tried appcfg.sh delete_version appengine-dir -V 1 but
I get Bad argument: You must specify a version ID via -V or --version. I've
tried doing appcfg.sh delete_version appengine-dir --version=1 but get the
same thing. I'm going to be really disappointed if I have to download all
the data off of my instances and re-deploy the entire project just to get
rid of an app engine app which will never be used again. I am aware this is
technically speaking a duplicate question but all of the answers I've found
are for older versions of app engine and I just get redirected to the new
console which doesn't seem to have the same options.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/18ac4a0a-cebe-4a7b-a94e-70f87417cb30%40googlegroups.com.