Thanks for the update. Barring a very low setting for "max concurrent
tasks", I don't see why this could occur, so it appears this could be a
production issue. In that case, I'd recommend opening a Public Issue Tracker
<http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list> thread with label
"Restrict-View-EditIssue" (to protect your information) and the following
information:

* your app id
* the name of the queue
* the queue settings
* some queue statistics

We may be able to determine the root cause of this at that point.

Sincerely,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 2:02:04 PM UTC-4, Hugo Visser wrote:

> Just got an alert again. The task rate is 25 tasks/sec with a bucket size
> of 10. Average latency of the handlers is varying depending on the task,
> but anywhere between 1 and 8 seconds.
>
> The thing that I'm seeing is that the task queue shows 120 tasks in the
> queue, 0 running, oldest task ETA 6 minutes ago. That doesn't seem right to
> me, and it looks like these tasks are just not being executed. I see
> nothing in the logs of my task handlers that indicate that a request is
> being executed.
>
> Obviously this task execution thing is pretty essential to my app.
>
> Hugo
>
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:34:34 PM UTC+2, Nick (Cloud Platform
> Support) wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for coming back to update. Feel free to post again with the
>> information mentioned if you notice anything in the future.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Nick
>> Cloud Platform Community Support
>>
>> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 4:33:36 PM UTC-4, Hugo Visser wrote:
>>>
>>> It looks like the queues are back to normal. I've setup alerts in stack
>>> driver that triggered for a while but are resolved now. Will report back if
>>> that changes.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/757eb42f-5192-4ff3-94d7-1d98b08340be%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine] T... Hugo Visser
    • [google-appengi... Hugo Visser
      • [google-app... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
        • Re: [go... Hugo Visser
          • Re:... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
            • ... Hugo Visser
              • ... Hugo Visser
              • ... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Hugo Visser
                • ... Pasha Seliverstov
                • ... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Thanasis Delenikas