Was this noticed after switching projects using the drop-down? Does
re-enabling writes persist after first refreshing the page? We've noticed
the project selector causing stale data from the previous project to be
displayed in some cases, but a page refresh will update it correctly.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/0fa3eeb4-dd70-4e6f-b46d-6fb96b731553%40googlegroups.com.