A helpful stat would be the "pending latency" (the amount of time that the request waited for an available instance to run on). This was part of the logs in the old log viewer and is missing is the new log viewer. i believe someone has filed an issue requesting that it be re-added.

if any of your requests are cacheable, setting proper cache headers will trigger google's edge cache and dramatically reduce server side latency as well.