We have noticed that in the past month, instance hours (front end and Cloud
SQL) have shot up, in some cases tripling what it used to be.

We have 3 main app engine modules running

   1. WordPress site
   2. CodeIgniter based PHP web app
   3. CodeIgntier based PHP custom API

We don't have a ton of traffic, but we do poll the API a lot (we have other
web apps that poll the API to see if it can connect and run)

It is 10:40am here in the UK and already we have used 300+ instance hours
for all of our app engine stuff.

What is going on?

We are not going over any of our quotas, it's just instance hours. So how
do we keep that cost down?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/0e363d98-1911-40c5-bf7c-ac6d7a4e095b%40googlegroups.com.