I just tried the Flexible version of app engine, and I like it because with
0.05 USD per hour I can get 1 core and almost 4 GB of RAM, much higher than
with a B1 instance (600MHz CPU and 128 MB of RAM only!).

Then I know that Google also offers Preemptible VMs with cost only 0.01
USD/hour for the same spec! I guess my app engine app is very suitable to
use preemptible VMs.

However I can't find a way to do so. Is there anything in the app.yaml file
that I should put so that the app will be deployed to a preemptible VM
instead of a normal one?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/d514f296-fc74-47e9-a5ef-8acddbf14b91%40googlegroups.com.